[Seminar] What you need to know to successfully lead a Data Science, Data Analytics, or Digital Transformation Initiative in Real Estate
- Capital Markets
Are you leading a data science or digital transformation initiative at your company?
If you’re looking for the answers to these questions:
- How exactly can data science be applied to real estate? What are the business opportunities, trends, and companies to watch?
- What are the real estate specific AI / ML techniques and technologies I should know about, how do they work, and what do they do?
- How does an automated valuation model work? How can we make data-driven forecasts? What are Geographic Information Systems?
- What types of programming languages are out there, and which one should my company use? What about databases?
- What type of skillsets should I be looking for in hiring a technical team, or consultant?
- What are some of the practical challenges in implementing a data science initiative?
To learn more about the possibilities for Data Science in Real Estate, watch this video presentation.
Technical topics explained include:
- Data science methods for real estate
- Data sources and price indexation
- Automated valuation and forecasting
- Clustering, spatial intelligence and Geographic Information Systems
- Emerging technologies
This seminar is for you, if:
- You want to explore making data-driven real estate decisions, including using your company’s own data, but don’t know where to start
- You need to work with or hire technical and data science employees or consultants, but don’t know what to ask for or what’s possible, or;
- You’re evaluating investments in proptech companies, and need help navigating existing and future technologies and trends
At the end of this seminar, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the domain-specific data science methods for real estate
- Recognize the possible benefits and applications of data science in real estate, how these techniques can support key business decisions, and be aware of potential challenges in implementation
- Learn how data science is proliferating in the industry, and gain an insight into the business models of disruptive new proptech companies
- Know what to ask for from programmers and data scientists and better assess new data science hires or outsourced consultants
- Make more informed decisions related to collaboration or investment in data science startups or digital transformation initiatives
There will be a guest speaker:
- Devin Tu, Founder of MapYourProperty will talk about his Canada-based company that uses mapping and data analysis technologies to identify the best potential property development sites, taking into account a vast range of factors including zoning, commute times, environmental factors, and more. He'll also discuss challenges and solutions for collaboration between real estate institutions and startup tech providers.
Our previous seminars have seen global participation from institutional real estate executives, who've been directly involved in, tasked with, or interested in data science, data analytics, or digital transformation efforts at their firm.
As the seminar is live, you will have an opportunity to speak and network with other participants. You'll also gain access to PropertyQuants' community slack channel, where you can connect with alumni and current participants from all our courses and seminars. We also offer careers and recruiting support from LMRE. (You can read more about this here.)
- Data Science
- Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Digital Transformation
- Data Strategy
- Data Drive
- Real Estate
- Geographic Information Systems
- Automated Valuation
- Statistical Valuation
- Cluster Analysis
- Web Harvesting
- Web Scrapring
- Data Lake
- Cloud Computing