My Five Takeaways From CREtech Boston
Michael Beckerman 4/24/18
- Michael Beckerman
HOLY SHIT! Boston was extraordinary. One of the best events I’ve ever attended. And I’m not just saying that because it was OUR event. Because it really wasn’t just our event. It felt like the city’s event! Over 350 people in attendance. All top top professionals from development, brokerage, tech and investment sectors. People from Canada, SF, Chicago, NYC, Miami and on and on. All on hand to talk tech in one of the coolest spaces we’ve held an event at 100 Federal St.
Here are my top five takeaways:
1. Steve Weikal and MIT Center for Real Estate are the real deal. Truly amazing keynote from Steve that painted the most insightful, clear and focused picture of CREtech I have seen in my eight years in the space.
2. NAIOP Boston is the strongest Chapter I have ever worked with. So thrilled to partner with Reesa Fischer and her team. Truly amazing how deep their reach is in Boston and the quality of their membership.
3. We had THE best panel I think ever assembled talking tech. The level of detail and knowledge was truly amazing. And the quality of the conversation really showed the evolution of the sector as a whole. Seeing so many people taking notes during the panel was a great indication. Special thanks to: Steve Weikal, Bryan Koop, Charlie Kuntz, Kevin Danehy, Mike Hart, Brad Greiwe, and Sarah Abrams.
4. CoStar is in the house. I will just leave it at that.
5. It’s takes a village. What I have learned more than anything in my journey in the CRE tech space, is that it really does take a great team to create great events. It’s not just about the speakers, it’s about the people that really are passionate about this space, that promote on their own and that help spread the word. So many people came up to me to tell me how many people they brought from their company (BuildingEngines had nine!). People brought their own cameras to do interviews with the guests (CrowdComfort) and so much more cool stuff. We are now attracting tenants, major developers and brokers that a year ago we would have never seen at a tech event. That’s why we call it #TheCREtechMovement.
Boston was the best example of this I have seen to date. Thanks to my amazing team for all of their hard work led by Kateri Osborne as well as Shauna, David, Lindsey and Jen.
Teamwork makes the dream work 🙂